Sunday, October 15, 2006

the latest addition to my tattoo family

so i have finally found a pattern that i like for my next tattoo. as many of you know, i have three tattoos currently. this is my first one, given to me from cory prough, and i keep it as a reminder that, although it is legal to get a tattoo when you are 18, it might not be a good idea, b/c being a taurus meant a WHOLE LOT to me when i was 18. now that i'm 31? yeah, not so much. so i keep it to teach my child that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.



(forgive the quality of that photo. it's not easy taking a photo of your left shoulder blade.)

this next one was the first one in minneapolis. i got it at saint sabrina's as a christmas gift from the boy.



then the next was a christmas gift from the boy again, and it's on my right forearm:



now, in staying with my theme of sewing back together/patching things up, here is the pattern (color yet undetermined with any certainty)of my coming tattoo:



i will have dustin take photos of the process... it'll be a memorable post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I ever get a tattoo, I'll get Herve Villechaize ... and if people don't understand, screw 'em.

Anonymous said...

Wait, so that's the pattern of some heretofore unmentioned tattoo... or that's what the tattoo will be (a patch, with that design)...

I like the idea of a patch! When are you getting it?

I've been studying for like 4 hours, so my eyes are a little bleary and my mind is a little slow.

d.

kari said...

yes, darren, your eyes do not deceive you... that will be the pattern of the tattoo. and how soon? SOON. i hope.

eM said...

That's kind of 'argyle-ee' :) Neato!

amycita said...

Though it may not be your proudest moment, it was cool for me to be there with you while you got your tatoo of the Taurus symbol. It made me think, "boy, that must hurt a lot" judging by how you squeezed my hand. But then a few years later, I thought similar thoughts to the 12th power when you were in contractions. Youze my bestest friend Karicita!
Love you!