Wednesday, December 13, 2006

my first thyroid condition, from MATTELL!

to further prove how lazy i really am, my thyroid has joined the ranks and it’s now become necessary for me to take a pill for it every day. luckily it was discovered before i developed a creepy goiter or anything like that, and it’s explaining why i’ve been putting weight back on after kicking such weight loss ass this past year. so i’ve already noticed that my appetite has decreased and i’ve experience a (somewhat frightening) surge in energy. so much energy that i actually CONSIDERED jogging. (instead i scrubbed my bathtub. more strenuous, actually.)
the holidays are nearing (all of them, as i’m not waging a war on christmas or anything) and we’re preparing for our trek back to north dakota. just the thought of minot makes me want to develop a goiter. (i don’t really know what that means, but i wrote it anyhow.) but days off from work are much welcome and i’m excited to sleep. a lot. seriously. unless, of course, my nearly-flatlined metabolism continues it’s surge, in which case i’ll probably be busy hauling things to expel some of this energy.

 

3 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

You must MUST go to http://newlywifed.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_newlywifed_archive.html

and pan down to the goiter story from january 2006.

Jege (Jen) said...

And I realize that the link I provided above does not work, so just truncate the first part ( http://newlywifed.blogspot.com/ )and go look trhough the jan. 2006 archives for "The Goiter".

kari said...

holy crap! newlywifed is hilarious!