Monday, January 01, 2007

looking over last january's posts

i like to look back every month in my archives to see what i was doing a year ago. one year ago i was planning a wedding. a wedding that didn't happen (at that originally planned time, anyhow). and just re-reading those old posts kind of made me feel like i had punched in the stomach repeatedly and nauseaus (maybe that's the french onion dip i've just consumed?). and it's amazing how far things have come. and how long it takes to get over things. and i could say a trillion things about what has happened this past year, but instead i'll simply say "thank you" to my friends -- 3D friends and those i only know in blogland . i would never, NEVER have gotten through all that... total shit ... had it not been for all of you. and you know who you are. thank you for putting up with my whining and crying and self-loating and my seething, burning anger. you are all amazing.
on the flip side of all that horrible agony, there was the fact that dustin and i learned a lot through that whole period. we both saw what life would be like without each other, and it wasn't pretty. and we saw how much we wanted to make it work. so yeah, that's something amazing, too.

3 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

I for one LOVE your seething, burning anger. :)

kari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kari said...

what i meant to type (but failed at due to the size of my man hands) was that i'm lucky that my seething, burning anger comes with a crunchy outer coating and a rich, nougat center.