Thursday, May 13, 2004

"cough cough"

INT. DAY.
A bedroom. KARI, 29, sits upright on her mattress and types on a laptop computer. Her nose is red and there are used tissues next to her.

KARI (V.O.)
I need a job. I need (sneeze) kleenex that won't rub like sandpaper on my nose.
I need fewer cats. I need health insurance and antibiotics and nicotine patches and monkey wrenches and hats and shoelaces and a big bag of money.

An orange and white cat, LITTLE BROTHER, enters the bedroom. He rubs his head against Kari's foot.

KARI
I have nothing to offer you, simple creature. Wait.
(Reaches into pocket) I do. Here is a coupon for a dry cleaners. That's all I can do.

Little Brother leaves room.

-------------------------------------
now that i've been doing this for a minute or two, i realize that 1: i've become very dependent on the final draft software, as proper screenplay format is tricky in a blog and 2: maybe i should start writing again so as to NOT WRITE THIS RUBBISH anymore. hmm.
music currently shuffling on my laptop:
Jude
Nine Inch Nails
Aphex Twin
Liz Phair (but not her new stuff, eww.)

a week or so ago, dustin and i saw Einsturdende (sp?) Neubauten (sp?) play at first ave. a very good show, and they are participating in something that is pretty new (i think) at shows -- they record a cd of the show you are watching, process it at lightening speed and sell it after the show. the pixies did it when they just played here a few weeks ago as well.

what do you think of that? Ein....Neu....(something german) charged 35$ for the cds, under the guise of "never coming back to minneapolis," or something like that. any thoughts? i'm slightly opposed to the cost, i guess. then again, trent reznor could read out of a damn phonebook, record it and sell it for hundreds of dollars and i'd whore myself to buy it, so maybe it's fine with me afterall.

my daughter has a science fair this afternoon at her school, another reminder that she is getting older and older (as am i - i turned 29 this past sunday) and eventually she will be embarassed to be seen with me. for now she like me, though. (except for the tattoos on my arms. she likes those covered when i'm at her school.) but someday, she will say the EXACT same things i used to say TO and ABOUT my parents. she's already treading pretty closely to my childhood behavior. and i think my mother called it "payback." lovely.

it's blog, it's blog, it's better than bad, it's GOOD!

1 comment:

Joe said...

Evil! Vile! Your disease hath struck me--verily even this very hour and I lie and convulse and pray for cruel and petty death to again take me to her bosom! Nay, this spite is but her way of making a cuckhold of me--the disgraced of a faithless promise *coughs and oozes phlegm* Damnable fate and accursed sinuses! I call out to the gods of decongestion and fever in hopes that they will find in me merit and thereby leave me! O sorry, sorry life, I am forced to sit and watch as millions, nay billions of horrid little whoozits and whatnots use this vessel as a grounds for procreation and wretched fornication of my once proud and youthful gait...
*blows nose*
Colds suck...