Sunday, July 18, 2004

submit to the pressure of mtv

okay, so after watching enough damn mtv and being pressured into it, i logged onto mtv.com to hear ashlee simpson's new album. i don't like ashlee simpson. i don't like her show, i don't like the spelling of her name. but i did it anyhow. and as i suspected, tis crap.
song 1: autobiography. instead of saying the word "autobiography" properly, she pronounces it "autobiographay." it makes me want to punch my fist into my throat with one knuckle out.
and instead of "eventually" she says "eventuallay."
grrrr.
basic structure: verse, chorus. verse, chorus. bridge. chorus.
i guess she differs from her sister b/c she kind of writes her own lyrics. (does jessica write her own lyrics? this i don't know...) but jessica's show is more enjoyable to watch, as far as guilty pleasures go.
song 2: pieces of me. wasn't that a jewel album title? ooh, it's like a train wreck.
(however i don't know this from experience, as i've never really seen a train wreck.)
song 3: shadow. oh dear, i smell a ballad coming on. a self-realization ballad, no less.
"it used to be so hard, being me/living in the shadow of someone else's dream..." i don't even need to hear the rest of it.
song 4: la la. that's the title. la la. "you can dress me up in diamonds/you can dress me up in dirt.../i like it better when it hurts." ashlee is sooo bad! "you make me wanna la la in the kitchen on the floor..." what the fuck?
song 5: love make the world go round. oh, a ballad for the boy who broke her heart. "my broken heart just has no use." word, sister.
song 6: better off. "i think of you and everything's alright." no comment.
song 7: love for me. ooh, angry! "next thing you know you'll be using my toothpaste/stay here/get out/everytime i turn around you're in my face."
song 8: surrender. now, i saw the episode when this song was written. silly synth beats and a grrrl-power of pronouncing "yeah yeah..." i'm sure that a great many girls will sing along to that "yeah yeah." i won't, but i'm sure some will.
song 9: unreachable. i don't know how much longer i can do this little task.
song 10: nothing new. much like this song.
song 11: giving it all away. much like my will to live. "hey you, smokin' out your sorrow..."
song 12: undiscovered. like i kind of wish this album would have stayed to me.
 
holy crap.
 

1 comment:

Joe said...

Heee! :)

Much laughing and giggling at your suffering...
This of course coming from the guy who just sat through "A Cinderella Story"