Saturday, July 16, 2005

Updates on our friend, Emily

Sounds like Emily was in Grenada this past week, where her winds tore up at least 100 homes, tore roofs from 2,000 more, destroyed crops and flooded scores of buildings. That's a full weekend, Em! And where are you now? Emily is centered about 130 miles south-southwest of the Jamaican capital and 335 miles southeast of Grand Cayman as of this morning.
Emily struck hard in Grenada, especially in the north and in the outlying islands of Carriacou and Petit Martinique. What's your problem with Grenada, huh, Em? Huh? What did Grenada ever do to you?

4 comments:

eM said...

Well, you've heard of my swamp parents, yes? Word has it they left ND and went to Granada...i've got a few issues w/ that still.....

eM said...

Brandon? near the waterslides??

And honestly, unleashing your wrath is not all that it's cracked up to be. I mean, Mexico is afraid and all, as they rightly should be, but really, who's ever going to ask me to the prom??? they'll all be worried i'll rip of the roof of their home or ruin their towns water supply if they get the wrong corsage....

Joe said...

I'd ask you to prom...



My house is worth more in insurance anyway...

eM said...

aww shucks. If only I was a dangerous hurricane during my own darned prom!!!

hmm, i don't think i would have used it to leverage a date though; probably would have taken out all the sparkly-dressed plastic-ee chicas I won't be seeing at my 10-year in August. Perhaps the 20-year.