Thursday, January 06, 2005

total f**king lunatics

so i'm on my way to cash my paycheck and buy groceries. i am backing out of our driveway and as i am waiting for a gazillion cars to go by, i eagerly anticipate that moment where i can dart out backwards into the road. alas! a break in the traffic and the nearest car -- coming from the west and thus will at some point be behind me -- is two blocks away. "no problem," i say, because it's not icy and i'm an expert at the backing out deal. well this fucking lunatic actually SPEEDS up and begins flashing his brights at me repeatedly. i drive normally b/c i choose not to engage in a battle of "who flips off who first" and i assume the person is not playing with a full deck anyhow.
so the supergenius continues down the block behind me, flashing his brights and honking -- i hit my brakes to give the "bring it, you fucker" vibe and he stops.
when i say "he," i don't actually know that it was a he for a fact. i'm only assuming and therefore making as ass out of both you and me.
anyhow, we are approaching a stoplight at white bear avenue and as i'm blinking for the right turn, he blinks for the left, begins flashing his brights and honking again. as we both turn, my left arm is extended up out the window with the middle finger raised.
however, this show of my middle finger did not make me feel better. why? it's because i can't help but think that i MUST have done something wrong for this person to act like such a lunatic... but really, i know this person was just out of their mind.
i continued on to my bank/grocery errands and even after wandering aimlessly around cub foods, looking for the frozen tasties called "uncrustables," i was still unnerved by the incident.
nuts.
as a side note, "uncrustables" are delightful. they are frozen, round little pb&j sandwiches that you thaw out and devour with all your might. i've only tried the grape jelly ones, but i'll now check and see how the strawberry jams are going over. and abbey's reply to my question of "how are the strawberry uncrustables?"
"they're good."
my follow up question:
"as good as the grape?"
her reply:
"no."
and that was all she wrote.

No comments: