Sunday, February 27, 2005

and the night moves on

what a saturday night...drinking white zin and watching "the commitments." and wondering, as usual, if i spelled the word "commitment" correctly. there is a dog next to me, taking up the better part of the couch and snoring. my neck itches. i like thin mints. this blog has no purpose.
and our sunday plans? well we're having a bit of a brunch-type deal at my sister's in eagan...and we allll love going to eagan. but it's good fun to see the kids and now that i'm finally over the flu that was living off of me like a paraside, i can again allow aforementioned kids to chase me down and beat the pulp out of me like they often do. but only because they love crazy auntie kari. kids are great that way.
still not smoking, and today it was evident to all who encountered me (dustin & abbey) that i was cranky, and on the way to take abbey to her dad's, i made some comment about how long i've not smoked and the following dialogue took place:

abbey: mom, do you really really want to start smoking again?

me: um, kind of. i miss it but i don't want to be stuck smoking.

abbey: mom, you don't have to lie, because if you really want to smoke again, you can. i don't want you to be upset.

that kid actually gave me a get out of jail free card for going back to smoking, but i told her that i appreciated the thought, but that i didn't want to start again because i want to be around with her for as long as i possibly can. and how much of an ass would that have made me? "abbey said i could start again if i really needed to, so i did." a huge ass i would have been. so here's to another day of not smoking.

3 comments:

kari said...

i'm working toward posting for every damn mood swing i have. stay tuned.

amycita said...

I think I should have a mood swing color alert scale thingy. You know, like level orange and all that? Here's a few color-mood combos: mauve-tired but impish
chartreuse-starting to get a fucking migraine
periwinkle-at peace; for now
green-vibrant and vivacious
ecru-achy and depressed, possibly heading slowly toward chartreuse
yellow: steadily enroute to chartreuse
fuschia: anxiety ridden and panicky
indigo: energetically mellow (or to quote Salt n Pepa: "relaxed with pep")

amycita said...

More info for the mood spectrum: Chalky pastel green(but not quite pistachio...mmm, pistachio...)-world weary, forlorn and teary-eyed
screaming turquoise--severely annoyed. Um, maybe I'll turn this into part of my own blog...