Friday, February 04, 2005

stealing from jege

props to the lein girlz site for this idea: things that i don't like.

1. clowns. not terribly original, but there's probably a reason that gajillions of people find clowns to be creepy, disturbing and sad. and that was before tim curry was "pennywise."

2. cilantro. i'm right there with you on this, jege -- it's fucking wrong and i'm sick of being told that i haven't "given it a chance." i gave it a chance...it gave me a mouthful of vomit. screw you, cilantro!

now because of the "garden state" soundtrack i'm listening to and how dreamy it is, i'm inspired to list things i like:

1. abbey. the only truly good thing to result from my existence. i think she's got a bit of a cold right now and she fell asleep really fast tonight. but i just stayed to watch her sleep for a while and, every now and then, i can still picture her as a baby, even though she's nearly 9.

2. my flannel sheets. the more i use and wash them, the more comfy they become. they have a floral pattern which usually is not me, but the pattern makes them look like they were found in a grandmother's attic.

3. on the topic of bedding, my blankets. both were made by my granny edna (i miss you, granny) and even though i have plenty of blankets, i feel extra nice with these.

4. dustin -- especially when he laughs at something you would never expect, like a scene in Bridget Jones 2. and when he raps.

5. this soundtrack. although it's not the usual kari-type of music, it's really grown on me. probably has something to do with the fact that i loved the movie.

6. my ibook. sweet, sweet ibook.

7. the idea of having an ipod.

8. the tax return i'll be receiving.

9. my tattoos. except the astrological one on my back. a tattoo at 19 is a mistake, i realize. being a taurus meant a great deal to me then; now it means shite.

10. the first moment after a migraine or a toothache when you realize you are no longer in pain -- how exhilarating that moment is.

11. the cool underside of a pillow.

12. photoshop

blog question: what are your top three favorite things? (list more if you are so inclined.)

3 comments:

Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

My 3 fav things:
1. When you remind me that Dustin raps
2. When the lone hair in your tuna sandwich made you puke
3. Your Taurus tattoo

Chris Cope said...

My three favorite things
1) Attention -- preferably from women.
2) Pubs -- preferably of British or Irish persuasion.
3) Sunset -- preferably after a day of spending time with one or both of the above.
At present I cannot not think of a single action in my life that was not aimed toward the acquisition of one of these three things. I am a very simple man.

amycita said...

1.) Holding your hand while you got that Taurus tattoo! And also holding your hand when you had some bad-ass contractions. (Luhs Mah Karicita!)
2.) Nick Diederichs (best man at wedding) rapping along with Salt n Pepa esp "12 inches to a yard have you sounding like a retard"
3.) Grandpa Elliott's cabin on Loon Lake