Saturday, March 26, 2005

what i'm doing tonight

we're going to watch "lost in la mancha." and i'm having a vodka/cranberry. and i'm getting caught up on too much laundry left undone, while rediscovering clothes i forgot i had. dustin is listening to rap in ye olde computer room. dixie is enjoying the nice spring evening on the porch.
i think i have the opposite mindset about my body than i used to have. in high school and early college i'd see myself and i'd see a fatty fatty bo batty. now i see myself in a mirror and i by no means see someone svelte, but i don't look THAT bad. well, i just caught a glimpse of myself in the background of a photo and HOLY CRAP. thoughts i had at that moment:
"did i NOT realize that there was a camera in the vicinity? am i not in the habit of sucking in my stomach? wait...i was sucking in my stomach and i STILL look like that?"
ahh, neuroses.

No comments: