Wednesday, September 15, 2004

cat love

we have many cats. two -- count 'em -- two are in that warm way. and they are slowly driving me to insanity and back. (it really doesn't take that long, you know.)
and i am constantly suspicious of cat behavior. i now just assume they are "staking out" a new area in which to urinate. most recently: an area behind our dining room table. and i have steam cleaned the carpet, thanks my my sister's steam machine. but now i always keep one on the cats. so if there are typos in this, it's because i'm only using one eye to look at the screen. and i fear i will develop a permanent headache if i keep this up. it's hard being me.
will be visiting with ye olde shrink on friday to discuss medicinal additions, because i'm not enough of a malady that i want to carry around as many prescription bottles as possible. i want to look and sound like a pharmacy on legs. but don't come looking to me for any narcotics, because i've none to share -- i mean, i've none in my possession.
is codeine a narcotic?
i'm not hardcore. i'm not "all that."
i've been glancing over a book that i bought on borderline --it's none too shabby, but all books relating to borderline have horrible titles.

"I Hate You -- Don't Leave Me," "Stop Walking on Eggshells," and who can forget the classic "Lost in the Mirror"... with all these great hits, who could ask for more?
But that's not all...tell 'em what they get, Roy!
"The Angry Heart," "The Siren's Dance," "Sometimes I Act Crazy," "Get Me Out of Here," and many more!
"Lost in the Mirror" is the one that I "Lost in the Mirror" have read most recently. The first one I read was the paperback goodie "I Hate You -- Don't Leave Me." It's like self help for those who don't want self help.

Here's a real treat: Chapter Five in the "Mirror" book has a quote from a PAT BENATAR song! "Love and pain can be one and the same in the eyes of a wounded child." From the song "Hell is for Children." Nice. It's important to draw a parallel between what I go through every day and PAT FREAKIN' BENATAR. but, love is a battlefield.

And for the most part, the quotes are a little silly. But there is one I actually put into brackets with my pen, it was so good:
"I begin to see. Today I am not all wood." -Ann Sexton
That was on the chapter about being in treatment. The chapter that discusses self mutilation is titled "Rescuing the Angel Within." gross. but the quote -- from the bible, actually -- is interesting:
"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy membes shall perish, and not that thy whole body be cast into hell."
Matthew:5:29.

Now, i don't make it a habit to read, let alone WRITE DOWN bible quotations. but that one is interesting.

hmm.

No comments: