Friday, June 24, 2005

another day, another trip to the neurologist

well it appears that we are increasing the kiddo's dose by a mL, from five to six, in an effort to eradicate the seizures that she is continuing to have -- even if it's less, the dr. says "one is too many." so we'll try this for a few weeks and hopefully it works out. ERADICATOR! -- a nice little kids in the hall thought.

it's been hot. really hot. so hot that we finally realized that there is a filter in our furnace that needed changing for our central air to properly function. it's like a whole new house. or a house that has functioning central air, anyhow.

tomorrow if friday. HURRAH! one day closer to another pre-monday holiday deadline crunch week at the office. and after the discovery that i was, in fact, responsible for the horrific f**k up at work, it makes my stomach, well, queasy, to say the least.

and i just thought i should give a shout out to my chica of chicas, Aimicita, for taking bold steps and securing a job AND a freakin' house in a new state! and dave swenson reminded me of a great amy moment at Campus Lab School, where our friend, Nicole, referred to herself as "Nicole the Great" and i believe Amy referred to herself at "Amy the Supreme." or was it "Amy the Superior?" anyhow, here's my shout out---- whoop whoop!

as a side note, be sure to catch Dave's band at the Turf on July 21.

3 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Little David Swenson has a band? But he's only 10 years old! As are you, Karicita... and the Amycita as well. And that would make Emily only 7.....I must say, I'm impressed that a 7-year-old just finished her thesis (although the fact that a 7-year-old is married creeps me out). Which reminds me, I must only be 15, so I'd better just leave work and get the hell back to high school.

ERADICATOR!!!!!

Also, "Girl-Drink Drunk".

eM said...

Jen, you had a title too, didn't you? I think I was Emily the Astounding, but after I mis-spelled it a few times, i think you revoked it...i was actually about 5 at the time then :)

Ditto about the damned heat Karicita. i took a nap yesterday and woke up half-baked, and not in that chip munching way. i think i was actually slow cooking myself...we are currently sans AC. hopefully not for long!

amycita said...

Oh God, I can't believe people remember us as kids who gave themselves superlative names! Since the secret is out, let's enjoy it fully, shall we? Jodie Brauer was the third of the "Superior Sisters" (It was Amy the Superior, by the way-- though in retrospect Supreme would've been better in light of my predilection for Diana Ross music...)and we had a song which roughly followed the same melody as the Campus Lab School song:
We are superior
We get first every year
and best of all--
we never brag---
Cause we're so great!
(I forgot the lyrics that go in place of "spirit is evident at campus lab school we wear it wherever we may go, spirit is what we show in all that we do, that's why we go to (beat) this school")

Just for the record, I am lots more fond of the nickname given to me by my college roommate's boyfriend: Disco Vixen