Monday, June 06, 2005

sure, SURE she meant it to be ironic.

Transcript from VH1 interview with that alanis singer girl:

VH1: You also did "Ironic." Do people still give you a rough time over it?

AM: God bless that little non-irony song! The sweetest irony is that it's a song called "Ironic" and it's not filled with irony. The best moment I had surrounding that song was in a bookstore in New York. Someone came up to me and said, "You do realize that song is not filled with ironies." I just nodded my head silently. And she said, "Is that the irony?" I just nodded my head and she walked out! [Laughs] It was such a sweet moment.


yeah, SURE she meant it that way.

2 comments:

Chris Cope said...

The lesson here is that if you are, in fact, dumber than poop, you simply need to nod your head when smarter people attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt.

kari said...

i mentioned the alanis story to coworkers and one of them said it sounded like revisionist history, and that could potentially change the name from "ironic" to "bummer."