Monday, August 22, 2005

i should be doing my hair

in an effort to look more...well, like i've not just helped tow a car (mine) because of a possibly failing fuel pump... i'm going to do my hair. and then go to the townhouse and sing like i've never sung before. (not as in "i'm singing a whole bunch" but "i'm singing like this is the first time i've ever used my vocal cords for such an endeavor and it may drive my friends to drink excessively.")

i should also be uploading my photos from the (shiver) MN Renaissance Fest and working on my lil' narrative regarding the festival, but i've not quite narrowed down why exactly i dislike it so much. i need to have a more narrow focus other than the fifty things about it that i don't like. maybe it's easier to mention what i DID like:

-- the look on dressed up patrons' faces when someone mistakes them for an employee (as if we can tell the difference? come on!)
-- employees' faces when they are actually mocking a patron for dressing up -- do they expect that NOT to happen?
-- the look on my face when i'm about to buy something, i'm referred to as "milady" and that kills the sale for me.

so maybe i like more there than i originally thought.

so tonight's song choices for moi will be one or more of the following:
1. Tonight and the Rest of My Life by Nina Gordon
2. Sour Times by Portishead
3. Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega and DNA (if they have it)

i'll later (tomorrow) report on how that went for me.

No comments: