Monday, August 15, 2005

quotes i like

i like these quotes:

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." Matt Groening.

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
Sir Francis Bacon

"I felt a Cleaving in my Mind - As if my Brain had split -
I tried to match it - Seam by Seam - But could not make them fit."
emily dickinson.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it." woody allen.

any favorites out there?

5 comments:

Joe said...

"Why hello Mr Fancy Pants. I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now, Jack and Shit... and Jack left town..."

Jege (Jen) said...

From "Heathers":

"Now I've seen a lot of bullshit... angel dust, switchblades, sexually perverse photography involving tennis rackets..."

Jege (Jen) said...

and yet more Heathers:

"Our love is God. Let's go get a slushie"

Chris Cope said...

"I feel like I have accomplished something when actually I have accomplished nothing."
-- Quote from the guy who is trying to visit every Starbucks on earth, and what I will say on my deathbed.

Joe said...

I quote the immortal Socrates when I say "I drank what?"