Friday, September 09, 2005

I like Nick Coleman

"...In the past days, I have heard Fox News' Bill O'Reilly say you shouldn't count on government to protect you. I have heard radio's Rush Limbaugh say that expecting the government to build levees is an example of a welfare mentality. I have heard many ideological zealots excuse the appalling failure to save the sick, the elderly, the children, by shrugging their well-tailored shoulders and saying there is a limit on what government should do and the private sector should be called upon first....I have a suggestion for another American Experiment. If anyone still thinks government should not be responsible for saving people, let's lock them in an attic where water is rising to the roof. Without an ax."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/357/5604602.html

2 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

I LOVE Nick Coleman. Well put.
Although, I can think of a few good uses for the axe in this situation.....something along the line of what Jack Nicholson did to Scatman Crothers in "The Shining".

Anonymous said...

I like nicole kidman too. I just saw bewitched and thought she was so cute.