Thursday, February 21, 2008

my uterus is irritated.

it's true. much like i can be.
basically i began getting weird cramping all around my lower abdomen last evening -- and it sort of wrapped around my back, so i called the clinic and they had me come in for monitoring. no infections or anything to cause it, so basically my uterus had become irritated and had begun cramping up. which seemed a little too close to what contracting could be, so i've been told to "behave" in terms of my activity level and moving/packing/etc.

and it's tricky, b/c once you get into that deadline mindset of "THINGS DUE AT A CERTAIN TIME," it's hard to get out of that. my deadline mindset is what makes me good at my job, but when it transfers over into home life, it makes things difficult.

so now i'm just... sitting. that's all. i'm hoping if i don't do much today, i'll have a good stockpile o' energy tomorrow to finish the itty-bitty tasks i have left. and here is the part where i make a list to get it out of my brain and somewhere else so i don't think about it again for a while.

1. pack up clothing
2. pack up bathroom and hall closet
3. pack up non-perishable kitchen stuff and appliances

..... i think that pretty much covers it. tomorrow should be okay for the most part. and of course there will be an assload of little things i'll have to deal with this next week -- fridge stuff, hangers, all that little crap that i don't want to deal with b/c i don't need to fit it into a uhaul... i hate that crap, but it's unavoidable.

THANK YOU to all the lovely people who will be lending a hand on saturday. i shall provide you with chili and beverages and my eternal gratitude. i'll even name my child after you. (as long as your name is oscar, that is.)

now i guess i have to make myself do nothing until tomorrow. hmm. it's tough to switch gears like that, but i'll bet that cable tv can help me out.

No comments: