Wednesday, December 01, 2004

BIOPSY
Pronunciation: 'bIâpsee

Definition: [n]examination of tissues or liquids from the living body to determine the existence or cause of a disease.

yeah, this would be the creepy, unnerving downside to the facial skin thing removal fiasco of last week. got a call from my clinic today, telling me to call for my biopsy results. and although i've NEVER gotten a call from a clinic telling me that my results are normal -- usually that's mailed to me -- this is a clinic i've never before been to and maybe this is a different way of doing things. i'll call first thing in the morning. hmm.. i should have checked my voice mail before leaving work. oh well, i'm sure it's nothing to worry about. maybe this clinic -- which, i found out after visiting, is a christian-based clinic -- gives results of any nature over the phone.

yes, out of ALL the clinics in the metro area, i chose one that has walls literally lined with religious icons. and i almost didn't go back, but it is actually one block from my office. so i'll suck up the pictures for convenience.

so yeah, i'll keep you posted on my skin. yeah, the more and more i think about keeping the mass public updated on my flesh, the creepier it seems.

but here's something interesting: i figured out that, on a normal, non-bar attending day, i smoke 2 cigarettes on the way to work, three cigarettes during my work day, 2 cigarettes on my way home and then one at night. so less than a half-pack a day. i think i might toss on a patch tomorrow and see how long i can last. things at work are pretty tame right now, so this might be a good time to knock that nasty habit.

and i was thinking that even before the word "biopsy" entered my skull.

No comments: