Thursday, May 04, 2006

time for a real post

i need some chinese food for lunch today. who's with me?

also, if someone could assure me that little debbie oatmeal cream pies are good nutrition, i'd be very appreciative, as i can't stop eating them.
the past few days have been one errand running event after another. the new vehicle (okay dustin, you win, the MINI-VAN) is proving to be a dandy mode of transportation and the kiddo highly approves.

i should be receiving my tool cd in the mail today or tomorrow (thanks, dad and leona!), along with some maternity type clothes that i can wear to my new job. yes, it's business professional dresscode, so i have to not dress in manner of poor college student. i'm nearly 31 (next tuesday!) and maybe it's time for some proper clothes. yes, i'll be working for the man. well maybe not THE man, but definitely someone who knows THE MAN.

seriously, i need chinese food. of course in china they just call it "food."

had an interesting moment this morning. i went to the dmv to renew my license, after which i needed to stop someplace and buy a little datebook/planner type deal. the nearest place? walmart. i hate walmart. i hate their little whistling smiley face bastard, i hate their treatment of employees, i hate how the stores all have a chemical smell and bad lighting. but i'm also lazy and sometimes that laziness overpowers my conscience.

so i went in, found a datebook/planner type deal, some oatmeal cream pies and a bottle of water. at the checkout aisle the clerk was telling someone to clean up some water to avoid a customer slipping and then suing walmart. under her breath to me she said "i don't want them to sue me, i don't have any money." i sort of nodded in understanding and said "well i'm sure if someone sued walmart, walmart might have some money to spare."

her reply:
"might? they MIGHT? i work here and BELIEVE ME, they have money. of course i can't live on what i make here. you work at walmart and you neede two jobs to live."

pretty interesting.

and this just sucks.

other than that, nothing new to report. and sometimes no news is just fine with me.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Whenever I see "Little Debbie" I think of chewy and delicious. And then I laugh. Good times...

Nessa said...

Little Debbie Cream Pies - dairy, right? Very important for pregnant women.