Thursday, May 04, 2006

truth be told....

so i've known about the pregnancy for over a week. i've not smoked in over a week. at first the amount of shock i felt was ... HUGE. when not expecting this to happen, you are a bit shocked, esp. when you've had the past five months of on and off turmoil i've experienced. having said that ...

i'm very excited about this baby.

and i know it's still very early along and i know a gajillion things can happen at anytime. but i'm excited. names have been tossed around a little bit, i've glanced more than once at the baby stuff aisle at target. and you know what? i'm a good mom. a very good mom.

when we were selling the VW, the woman who bought it noticed me hugging my kiddo.

"are you her mom?" she asked.

abbey had climbed up on my lap and put her arms around my neck. i put my arms right around her as well and just held onto her while talking to this woman.

"yep, i am," i said, proudly.

"that's interesting. i don't usually see moms so affectionate with their kids," she said.

i just sort of half-smiled and nodded, but really i didn't understand it. what kinds of moms does she see? if you are a mom and you have a kid hugging you, YOU HUG THEM BACK FOR AS LONG AS THEY'LL ALLOW IT! i know in three years my kid won't want me near her, so i'm enjoying this while i have it.

i know that my kid feels as though she can be herself with me. she knows that she could do ANYTHING and i will always love and accept her unconditionally.

so yes, i'm excited for this baby. this baby will be adored. this baby will have THE COOLEST older sister EVER. this baby will have fantastic t-shirts and great taste in movies. this baby will have genius-level intelligence (dustin's dna) and searing wit (my dna). this is one lucky baby.

2 comments:

Nessa said...

As unbelievable as it may seem, there are many mothers that would push their children away while saying, "Get off me." in a very whining voice. I've seen it many times.

Jege (Jen) said...

This IS a very lucky baby, and I can't wait to meet him or her!!!