Tuesday, December 04, 2007

today is my friday!

and because it's my friday, tonight i will watch movies -- namely "Waitress" and "Knocked Up." i was uber-efficient at work yesterday and this morning, so that means now i'm sorta just sittin' around until the last few stories are ready to be paginated.

i've discovered the most irritating pregnancy symptom thus far --- BLEEDING GUMS. that's right. usually when i brush my teeth they bleed for a variety of pregnancy-related reasons -- it's pretty common. however this morning i didn't have a chance to, so upon biting an apple on the way to work i felt a warm sensation in my mouth. that warm sensation? the pooling of blood. seriously. i looked vampiric. it was horrendous. i kept feeling around in my mouth to make sure i hadn't lost a tooth or something. nope, just my aggravated gum line compromised by the crisp apple.

too much information? oh come now, i've spoken of much worse things on this blog before. you should really expect it from me at this point.

i've still got my chronically stuffy/runny/sneezy nose that i've had since the get-go of this pregnancy and i'm fairly certain i've adequately grossed out everyone sitting by me when i blow my nose constantly. however they are sometimes very loud and i often hear things i wish i hadn't, so maybe this makes us even.

one week from tomorrow we'll know if it's a boy or a girl! hurrah!

3 comments:

Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

The last time I had a similar warm sensation in my mouth was when I was mouth-siphoning gasoline from my neighbor’s Buick. What, do they think snowmobiles run on tap water? Because they don’t. They run gasoline from my neighbor’s Buick. And be careful – “An apple a day keeps the something something marmots in your pants,” or something. Can’t remember all the words, but I know it’s no good.

I don't care if it's a boy or a girl as long as I get to call him/her Shanghai Lillian McShowerTrousers.

Anonymous said...

I'd let her do it ... think of all those "Shanghai surprise" birthday parties you could throw.

Andrew said...

Was "Knocked Up" one of the funnier movies you saw recently? I know many open-minded, liberal women say it wasn't, and I can dig that. I, however, being a slightly Neanderthal male, dug it much. Maybe I'm not as enlightened as I like to think I am.