Sunday, August 01, 2004

a sharp and hacking cough

summer colds. dreamy! that familiar rattling in my chest, that horrible smell in your nose when you realize you are getting a sinus infection....freakin' great! hurrah! i can't get enough dayquil! fantastic!

earlier in the evening at my sister's in eagan i had a really cool, really raspy and, quite honestly, pretty sexy voice. however i kept talking, engaging in interesting conversation and before i knew it, my sexy, raspy voice declined into a sad, pathetic half-whisper. in a two-syllable word, i now only have one syllable worth of sound. nuts.

but who needs sound when the only plan for the next 24 hours is to see "the village" at the neighborhood multiplex??? not i!

"i love the 70s" is on vh1 right now and i've officially decided that i want michael ian black to be my friend, spend time at my house and eat hot dish with me. however the "entertainers" being "interviewed" for the "1972" show are saying that scooby snacks were pot brownies. why can't a scooby snack just be a damn scooby snack?

a small cat just crawled up onto my rack and fell asleep. my rack. my shelf, if you will. a cozy bed for a kitty. however my hellacious hacking is less than soothing and she has just bolted.

i need nyquil.

No comments: