Saturday, March 25, 2006

a very very busy weekend already ...

... but sunday promises to be COMPLETELY EVENT FREE. nice! we've been busy with many kiddo-related activities... school functions, theater classes, visits with relatives. so busy, yes, but also fun. tonight's activities for me included watching dustin get pummeled by some kids. but they ganged up on him 4 to 1, so he fared pretty well, all things considered.

am currently chillin' like a villain at a sister's house while dustin and my brother in law fight on the bridge on the river kwai -- or pretend to on ps2. ahh, fighting nazis while drinking beer, just as it really happened, i'm sure.

things i'm hearing at the moment:

"ahh! i'm gettin' shot already."
"was that me?"
"no, that's me."
"it's not going so smoothly."

yes, JUST like it really happened.

might catch "syriana" at the cheap theater this weekend. will definitely read some more of laurie notaro (thanks, jege!) and rot my brains with the sims characters. i think i'm going to create a character and make him or her self-sabotage in ways i usually reserve for myself... is that living vicariously through sims? perhaps.

my sister and husband have a large boxing type apparatus in their basement. like a weeble wobble for grown ups and i LOVE IT. now, i'm a lover, not a fighter, but i'll tell you what: it felt mighty good to toss out some punches and kicks to that thing.

even though the last job was fairly evil, i do miss the afternoon walks in downtown and am thinking i need to kick myself in the arse to start walking again. sure, it was only a total of 20 minutes or so a day, but i feel all lethargic and puffy, things i didn't feel (as much) whilst doing a daily walk. crap, i guess all that talk about how exercise is "beneficial" might be true.

i am not a difficult person to entertain, but walking is SO FUCKING DULL. we have a lake not too far from our house (in the land of 10,000 lakes? wha?) but i have yet to get over there and join the ranks of the healthy and self-disciplined.

more things i'm hearing:
"no grenades. hmm."
"there is a prison over there. jeez! that guy's tough!"
"there's some stuff here if you need it."

and my eyes are beginning to close which can only mean one thing: if i don't sleep soon i may involuntarily drop to the ground and pass out from exhaustion, just like the sims do.

naptime.

3 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Just don't wet yourself like the Sims do.

And DO start walking again...exercise is GOLD for the mental state. Just ask Amycita. The only reason she & I were runners for so long was the incredible kick in the ass it gives depression. Walking may be boring, but I just try and visualize all of the mental toxins I am purging, and it makes it easier.

amycita said...

Also, it is imperative that you have some music available if the walk is just too fucking dull. I myself just got a cute little Ipod and am working on downloading good music onto it so when I walk or run (lately running hurts more and more, so I may just cut that shit out) I can have some excellent music to keep mw going.

kari said...

i DO need to start walking again. and i have a freaking dog, you'd think that'd be motivation to at least get around the block more often.

i think i will borrow dustin's ipod so that i might entertain myself while i walk.