Saturday, March 04, 2006

yay for weekends!

am currently getting ready for our stay at the motel tonight. hot tub! fun!

am becoming incresingly nauseated by the job stuff: in short, i don't like being the company hatchet man in terms of communicating with our freelancers. as someone who has freelanced, i think it's total shit when pay that is already pretty low is cut, and i don't like the fact that i am the one that had to sign off on the letters. it sucks and i would walk out of principle, but principle won't pay for my root canals. (yes, plural, as in "i have not one but TWO root canals on march 21.")

here is a picture of kiddo with her birthday present (that she received two weeks early b/c i'm a total pussy about that stuff. i'm no good at keeping gifts for long periods of time).



she loves her shuffle, and she sings with reckless abandon when the headphones are on. it kills me.

and it reminds me of (maybe i've mentioned this before???) the time my friend bram and i were hanging out at my parent's house when i was about 19 or so and we found a little tape recorder. we played it and heard my sister meg singing along to TLC's "Waterfalls" song -- completely wonderful. maybe i'll ask her to do a rendition of it tonight whilst swimming with us at the super 8.

2 comments:

Bram Davidson said...

Hotel HotTub fun = fun.

I do not recommend more than two hours at a shot ... the missus and I were quite pruned and dry/flaky two weeks ago.

She had to use the hotel lotion ... good stuff. I just rubbed dirt on it.

Crystal said...

Devils Advocate...I did! I learned the whole rap....i seen a rainbow yesterday but too many storms have come and gone leavin' a trace of not one God given ray...