Wednesday, March 29, 2006

ugh!

moving sucks. for people who are pack-rats, who are NOT clutter-free individuals, who are not in any way neat-freaks, it REALLY REALLY SUCKS. and each time i start the moving/cleaning/packing process, i think to myself "next place i live, i will devote myself to cleaning often to make life easier." but it never actually happens. so, the living room and dining room are clutter free (except for those huge fucking boxes of books and movies to put into storage). what's left?

kitchen
bathroom
computer room
kiddo's room
storage closet
our room
basement
garage

yeah, i'm REALLY glad i just made that list. looking at that list certainly doesn't make me want to put my head through the wall or anything.

6 comments:

eM said...

While I'm not really any good with helping moving large objects or anything too physical at this point (sweeping is getting hard as bending over too many times to pick stuff up hurts-wtf!), we do have a bunch of those big plastic containers that were awesome for packing and moving. If you want some, let me know. We'd be happy to give you guys a bunch of them. In fact, it can be an added lure to the shower on Sunday! muahahaha...come eat tasty foods and I'll send you home with large plastic containers :)

kari said...

i'll be there, kitten!

Jege (Jen) said...

When we moved from the apt. to the new house, I just got to the point where I began randomly shoving shit into large boxes. Perhaps pouring is a better word. No organization, no efficient utilization of the space within the boxes, just shovel, tape, and move onto the next one. I am fairly sure I also packed large amounts of old, as-yet-unshredded junk mail and things that should have probably been tossed out. But I was just so overwhelmed that I couldnt bear to sort things ONE SECOND LONGER. So I snapped.

It is also interesting to note that I had several boxes of crap from the move up to portland in the first place that had never been unpacked. And now they are in the basement of the new house. It is safe to say that their contents have not been touched by human hands since 1999. That's right; they have not been touched IN THIS CENTURY.

Chris Cope said...

Moving always makes me want to live like a monk.

Well, minus the celibacy thing...

Diane said...

I am so with you Kari... I am two days away from checking out of this crap hole, and I am SOOOO sick of packing. And I married a packrat, so that makes it EXTRA fun! GOOD LUCK!

kari said...

clothing has been removed from the bedroom floor. in fact, all has been removed from the floor. next task of the bedroom: box up misc. and tidy up closet.