Wednesday, November 30, 2005

another glimpse into the childhood? why not!

some more lil' diary entries filled with all sorts of depth...like shopping and miami vice...


Friday, January 17, 1986
Dear Diary,
We rented some movies until Sunday night! They're called "The Bellboy," "The Man in the Mist," "Hold that Ghost," and "Honeymooners." Right now I'm watching "The Bellboy." It's really funny. It has sort of a mix up plot story. Everybody is confused with everybody else. Look at my latest drawing! (insert drawing of some sort of box here). I "heart symbol here" Andy!
Goodnight, Kari

Saturday, January 18, 1986
Dear Diary,
Yea! Today I went shopping at Dakota Square and at Target. I got a really cute yellow and gray flowered shirt and a solid blue shirt! Also at Pic-A-Pair I got a $4.00 brooch! It goes with just about everything. I hope I'll get to go to "White Nights" with Joanna Markell. I do indeed hope that Dad gets back with the car before the last afternoon show starts.
Goodnight, Kari

Sunday, January 19, 1986
Dear Diary,
Gross! Tomorrow I have school. At least at 9:00 I'm going to the courthouse with my social science class, "Law & Justice." We're going to see D.U.I fines in court. That means "Driving Under the Influence," in other words, drinking and driving.
I still don't want to go to school. To top that off I have to get up extra early! I have 8:10 band.
Goodnight, Kari

Sunday, January 16, 1986
Dear Diary,
Guess what? On Thurs. nite I got sick and have been sick all weekend. I feel like shit!
(officially my first cuss word in the journal!) My sister Amy was being mean and hit me on the back, just for mimmicking her! I'm really tired. I'm truly sorry I didn't write more this week.
Goodnight, Kari

Tuesday, January 28, 1986
Dear Diary,
Guess what? This morning the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up with 7 people on board. One of the people was the first person to go into space that wasn't an astronaut -- she was a teacher. It looks like there are no survivors. I still "heart" Andy!
Goodnight, Kari


wow. even as a child i was incredibly lame. it's nice to know that some things never change.

7 comments:

Just Josh said...

What ever happened to Andy?

kari said...

i think that andy ended up somewhere here in the twin cities area. don't think i've seen him for years. ahh, the crushes of a fifth-grader.

Jege (Jen) said...

I love the space shuttle post...and how you manage to change subjects quickly to how you still heart andy. I laughed heartily indeed. I also enjoyed the part where mean Amy hit you on the back for mimicking her. Why does violence make me laugh? Tell me, O Captain Obvious!!!!!!

Crystal said...

you were saying indeed in 1986?

i don't think indeed became part of my vocabulary until a couple of years ago.

you developed way more quickly than me.

kari said...

Jege- Captain Obvious says that violence is funny because it makes us laugh!

SLP -- i did develop rather quickly. in some ways too quickly, being the only girl in fourth grade with a bra. who actually needed one. weren't you and i going to find a sponsor for our breast reductions?

Jege (Jen) said...

Don't let them throw away those extra boob parts...send them over to me. I've always wanted to be a C cup.

Andrew said...

Funny stuff, Kari. But, yes, I was most touched by the space shuttle entry. There's something about seeing the world through a child's eyes.