Sunday, April 09, 2006

the aging process

i will turn 31 one month from today. how do i feel about that? feh. it's fine. i'm still really, really glad to be done with the twenties. i feel like i have a little more "street cred" since turning 30 (not that i look 30, as i still get carded for cigarettes). maybe it's the idea of being a younger parent. the kiddo's friends all have parents in their 40s and up, so when there are birthday parties, girl scout events, etc., i still feel like i should be sitting at the kid's table at dinnertime.

and later today i shall entertain you with photos regarding marshmallow fluff. no, seriously, you will be entertained.

but for now we are off to be pummeled by my sister's kids.

8 comments:

Nessa said...

I had my daughter when I was 28. I always felt like the old mother in the crowd. And I was always out of step anyway because I wasn't a soccor mom with an SUV. My 30's were great.

Nessa said...

And Good Luck tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Woah... what the heck..?

.d.

And yes, it does rock.

Andrew said...

It never fails to astonish me whenever I do the math and realize that I'm in my early 30's. Before I was 18, 30's seemed so, well, old.

I'll tell you on thing good about adulthood for our generation, though: Remember how when you were a kid, and your parents would tell you you couldn't eat ice cream for dinner...? And you'd make some smart-alecky comment like, "When I'm an adult, I'll eat ice cream for dinner all the time!"? Your parents would smirk and say, "When you become an adult, you won't want to eat ice cream for dinner."

Yeah, bullshit we won't. I have been known to eat ice cream for dinner and love it. Big ups for adulthood!

kari said...

i endorse ice cream for breakfast as well

scientology = rockin' good cult fun.

Nessa said...

Are you guys really Scientologists?

Andrew said...

Oh, seriously, this is what everyone in our Blog Circle needs to do--become Scientologists. At least we'd have one another to talk to at the meetings.

Nessa said...

I don't know any Scientologists. I like broadening my horizons.