Tuesday, December 06, 2005

it's only tuesday? craaaaaap.

i really like the movie "unbreakable." completely underrated, in my humble opinion. and the soundtrack is lovely, as that is what is randomly playing.

ooh! five songs at random game!

Sparkling Diamonds by Nicole Kidman (from Moulin Rouge)
------------------
this was the first move that i could actually tolerate nicole kidman, and now i like her a great deal. i think she did did well by getting out of that tom "freakshow" cruise nightmare. a blessing in disguise, nicole.

Home by NIN
------------
not to please all of his fan base at once, this song was not released on the u.s. version of "with teeth." but you could buy it in japan. or as a 7" vinyl at hot topic. trent......precious trent. "I used to know who I was until you came along. I return to the only place I've ever felt I belong."

Johnny Sunshine by Liz Phair
------------
oh! liz! lovely liz! i'm a freshman in college all over again with the "exile in guyville" cd. "i think i've been taken for everything i own."

Kissing a Fool by George Michael
--------------
don't laugh! terry sang this at karaoke and it reminded me of why it took me forever and a day to get over my crush on him... an impressive voice, that man has. and i remember this song playing at dances in school -- and i always like the vintage-esque sound of it. it aids me in the thought that i would have really liked living in a different era with different music. but i probably wouldn't be able to swing dance then, either. so nothing would change. crap.

The Becoming by NIN (spiral version)
----------------
this version kicks ALMOST as much ass as the version on Still. and sometimes you want to hear the shrieks in the background, sometimes you don't. a rare trent song in that he says a name in it. reminds me of driving to fargo with bram in his lil' yellow car and seeing the moon appear read and being fairly certain that it was the end of times.
"it won't give up, it wants me dead, goddamn this noise inside my head."

well that was fun.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I couldn't sit through all of Moulin Rouge, but I agree with you about the George Michael. I still have the CD that track came off of, and it's honestly not bad.

Crystal said...

i still know the words to kissing a fool....

those were the days...