Friday, December 02, 2005

more journal entries? why not!

so i'm skipping ahead a few weeks and by now the crush has moved on to a fellow named nick. nick wore a lot of polo shirts. a different colored one every day. and i write about it ad nauseam in my journal. and at some points i even refer to him as "you know who." i'm not referring to voldemort. and for added fun, count the exclamation points!


Tuesday, May 13, 1986
Dear Diary,
Boy! Was today ever hectic! I've a lot to get done by tomorrow at 3:30! I will be rushed! You-know-who was wearing a different colored polo shirt today! Red and white striped! Summer vacation is almost here! I can't wait, but I guess I'll have to! I hate school! I better go, catch ya' later!
Goodnight, Kari

Wednesday, May 14, 1986
Dear Diary,
Today Nick was dressed in an aqua-marine polo! Absolutely cute! Tomorrow we're going to Fargo-Moorhead to pick up my sister Bobbi! I can't wait! But oh no! I'm getting symptoms of my period. Great, just great! Too much to do already! I like you-know-who so much! He is a such a cute boy! I wish that you know who would like me, but I doubt it.
Goodnight, kari

Friday, May 16, 1986
Dear Diary,
Just a few days of school left! I can't wait until the school picnic, I'm going to play tetherball! Yea! I love vacation!
Gotta run!
Kari

Monday, May 18, 1986
Dear Diary,
Only two days of school left! Today Nick was wearing a white polo shirt. Absolutely adorable!
Mrs. Swanson can be a real BITCH!
Gotta run!
Kari


now i think we'll zoom into seventh and eighth grade. why? because it's my f**king journal, that's why.


3-21-88
Dear Diary,
I'm now in 7th grade. It's not the best time though. And by the way, Nick is a total jerk. He's the biggest f**k I've ever seen!

1-6-89
Dear Diary,
Yes, it's been a long time. I know. A lot has happened too! I'm a pom-pom girl, I'm in eighth grade. I've had a few boyfriends but then I dated Terry and it will take a while to get over him. Guns and Roses is really good.

1-21-89
Dear Diary,
Jackie B. and I are better friends every day. I don't know if I like Todd or not. I need a shrink. Mike T. told people at the last dance that I was crying over Van, but I wasn't! I was crying over Todd because Todd is dating Mikkel! I feel like shit!

2-15-89
Hello there. Michael Jackson's video "Smooth Criminal" is on right now. Run, Michael, run! It's lame.Volleyball practice got over at 5:15... very tiring.

2-25-89
I have too much to say. I don't know why I can't forget about Terry. It's been over a month and a half since we broke up. It'd be a mistake to keep liking him. It hurts too much to think about this and now I'm crying, so I'm gonna go.

4-3-89
Why did we ever break up? I'm so dumb! I can't forget about him!


and that's pretty much where the diary of two years ends. as a p.s., terry remains one of my dearest, bestest, closest friends to this very day. and yes, i did manage to get over him.

so, SO glad that it's friday night. knitting with the kiddo tonight. last night i had a really disturbing dream that was so disturbing i hate to even write about it. but what the hell. i had just fallen asleep putting kiddo to bed and i dreamt that dustin and i went to a neighbor's apartment to look for three of our cats and we found three people in this apartment, two women and a very old man. this very old man had raped one of the women and when i walked in she was completely covered in blood -- dried, caked on blood. just horrible. completely horrible. then i woke up and stayed awake for quite some time and ended up sleeping quite soundly from that point on. and today? it was a pretty nice day.

3 comments:

Just Josh said...

Is it ok that I live vicariously through the diary of an 8th grade girl that I've never met?

kari said...

sure, gangster! i was such a rockin' 8th grader.

Jege (Jen) said...

Kari and Voldemort, sittin' in a tree......


And the fucking word verification thingy is just getting downright vindictive. Today's word is "pmqubrsmqxt". Next time you hear someone say "pmqubrsmqxt", scream real loud!!!!