Friday, January 27, 2006

i effing love the gamecube!

so we have received a gamecube from a lovely friend and it pretty much rocks. it makes up for all those years of atari that i could never afford to buy. oh, and kiddo thinks it rocks, too. she's even playing right now. what is great is that she really likes galaga, that old arcade game that i used to play at sammy's pizza. yep, it has stood the test of time.
we cleaned the house like crazy yesterday, as dustin has relatives coming to town this weekend -- folks who already had plane tickets for the wedding weekend. should be fun and i'm sure ever so slightly uncomfortable to a certain extent. i'd be lying if i said i wasn't a little bit nervous, but it'll be okay. i'm a tough cookie.
tomorrow might be a little... shaky. but with company here it'll force me to not be mopey and wallowing in the juices of my own self-pity, so that's good.
i'm still mourning the loss of the laptop... it's as though i've lost an appendage, actually. i know it can be repaired for a surprisingly low cost, but that'll just take some time.
'tis the second night in a row where the insomnia has crept back into my life. nuts. time for a bottle of nyquil and a straw.
i wish this post were more clever. then again it's only 8 a.m., so maybe it needs to be at least 8:45 before i can be clever. and when clever gets started, WATCH OUT! i can't be stopped.
my weight loss is still moving full speed ahead, having shed a good 30 pounds since november. i'm on the road to being a full-time hottie once again.
holy fuck... i hate how boring this post is. i can't stop typing and the dull just keeps flowing out of my fingertips.

here's a thought that keeps me from being dull:
whilst driving yesterday i could hear the clammer of a casserole dish in the back window area of my car. a dish i've had there since mid-december for our company cmas party (don't worry, it's clean). i'm just too lazy to move it, no matter how many times i exit my car.
so the dish. i hear it clammer and while i'm driving i wonder if i happened to stop suddenly, if the dish would slam into me, shattering into pieces. then i wonder if i have a large piece of glass lodged into my shoulder, should i remove it and deal with spurting blood from whatever vein i've severed before getting to the ER, or do i leave it it for them to remove?
thoughts, anyone?
and that thought led me to a memory of my mom telling me to move a kleenex box out of the back window of the car when i was a teenager. i asked her why, and she explained that the a kleenex box, if moving toward a head at 40mph, could KILL. (this woman also convinced me that all squirrels have rabies, so bear with me.)
is that true? cause if so, then i should get that casserole dish out of my car STAT.

3 comments:

eM said...

Kari, a box of kleenex on the back window WILL kill you. AND, if you even so much as think about touching the little warmers on the back window, the world WILL cease to exist as we know it. Oh, and if you take the wrong exit on the freeway? give up now. life is over. you do not pass go, you do not collect $200.

Or so I learned from Jimbo!

Good luck on surviving the weekend. if you need a pep talk, just let me know! Always happy to go on about the awesomeness that is the Kari-cita!

Jege (Jen) said...

Another Jim classic: Don't run over ANYTHING in the road. Not a cardboard box, not an empty McDonald's cup, nothing. Why? There could be an ENGINE BLOCK in there. Or kittens. Or perhaps kittens crawling around inside of an engine block. Or large rusty spikes. Or kittens crawling around large rusty spikes. Or an old dishwasher that fell off the back of the truck in front of you. etc etc..

Oh, and I try not to even LOOK at the back window warmers. And I do believe that I am suffering Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from the time I took a wrong exit in Minneapolis the first time I drove there all by myself to visit a boyfriend during summer break.

eM said...

Jege, the first time I got lost in mpls and took the wrong exit, I totally freaked out. THEN it got weird. I found an entrance ramp, and I know Jim will NEVER think something like this is ever possible. I just back on the fucking freeway and continued on my merry way. And guess what? I got to where I was going and my home was just where I left it when i returned. Freaking crazy, man.

Now when mom and dad come to visit, I won't drive in the car with them unless me or Dyl is driving--and they think i'm such a fancy city girl the way i *gasp* cross 3 lanes on the freeway to take an exit. Such fun!