Tuesday, January 17, 2006

this radio station is a mixed bag.

jack 107 is on the radio in our department. generally it's music that i can tune out, and they do play a good amount by the clash. their schtick is that they don't take requests; the play only what they want to play.

well lately they've been playing much of the following:

gwen stefani (MAKE THIS WOMAN GO AWAY. SHE IS A HUMAN BRATZ DOLL.)
nickleback (ACK! NO END TO THE SUCK!)
creed (DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY LIKE THIS BAND?)
maroon 5 (STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!)

and i'm not a music snob. i prove that by tolerating liz phair's new albums. but holy fuck, this station will be my undoing today.

i want to take the plastic fork i've just used on some pizza and jab it directly into my eye, piercing through the pupil, all the way into the optic nerve.

but i won't, because i would like to keep a skill like that all to myself for right now. jabbing out the eye? save that trick for the last day on the job.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

my friend likes creed, but he is a frat boy and a republican so that probably explains it.

Bram Davidson said...

I have been know to appreciate a creed song now and then. I believe it is good to keep a couple visible faults. I have found that this lessens the likely-hood (how does one find the true way to spell something without looking it up?) that others will begin to hold me to a higher standard.

Chris Cope said...

That Gwen Steffani needs to be punished. And I'm the one to punish her...

Andrew said...

Isn't Jack that stupid radio station that goes around performing "Random Jacks of Kindness" or some equally stupidly-named stunt?