Friday, October 28, 2005

bettering oneself

hopefully things in the old noggin will be calming down. i'm still reviewing the submissions on the funny captions and i'll have a decision made on monday night...right before i see HENRY FUCKING ROLLINS.

dustin: are you talking about your noggin again?
me: ... and?
dustin: just checking.

(he's right next to me as i type this. and he's very clean-shaven.)

dustin: am i interferring with your noggin analysis?
me: no.
(long pause)

dustin: so analyze!
me: (blank stare)

and now he's holding a cat while humming "jesus walks" by kanye west.

dustin: it sounds like "three blind mice" for some reason.

oh yeah -- bettering oneself. i'm only going to surround myself with people who are nice to me on a regular basis.

and when i'm at work or anywhere else where people are being total fuckers and decide that they don't feel like being civil anymore, i will pretend i neither see nor hear them. "la la la la la" will be what i say whilst covering my ears. this will lead me to be a better person because i won't be in a position to feel or say horrible, mean, awful things.

i'm going to work toward not letting the actions or moods of other people determine what kind of a person i feel like. i'm tired of it and i'm tired of not having any control over what i say or do or feel. i've got to do something.

go me. GO FREAKIN' ME!

No comments: