Tuesday, October 04, 2005

i love my porch

i'm on the porch right now (yay wireless!), listening to what might be the last thunderstorm of the season -- i hate to miss it b/c of silly tasks like laundry and cleaning up the living room. the news was speaking of snow and even though i've heard thunder during winter, thunder accompanied by rain is as good as it can get for me.

sidenote: is it wise to be outside, holding a piece of electronics in your lap as there is a lightening storm going on?

i'm also in the works of burning a cd that i'm calling the soundtrack of my life. i do this every so often and it gives a little insight into that gray matter inside my skull. which, by the way, is beginning to not hurt so damn much.

so i love my porch. my dog is sitting out with me and she's horrified by rain. not so much the thunder, but the rain really worries her. because i think she knows that if she were wet, it might give her the option of being fresh-smelling and clean.

i was hoping to hit the cheap theater to check out "the island" tonight for a buck, but that may not be in the cards. i'd like to not have my hand go numb a second day, so i find myself compelled to just lay low.

1 comment:

Joe said...

We're buried under snow. A lot of snow. And you get rain. This sucks.

As does "The Island" go see "Serenity" instead...