Sunday, October 09, 2005

desperately botox-ing

so i'm watching (by accident) my first episode of "desperate housewives." i'm not incredibly impressed thus far. maybe it's the thought that right now in the white house, the first lady is watching -- and enjoying -- this show.

as she said it, she is a desperate housewife.

*shudder*

i really needed to get some laundry done. after doing minimal writing at panera today i watched some x files. and napped. and watched another x files. i'm seriously considering more x files in a little while. you know, for consistency.

two days until NIN.

2 comments:

wstachour said...

The Desperate Housewives thing reminds me of the (supposed) plummet in the esteem in which Edvard Munch's "The Scream" was held after Barbra Streisand claimed to like it.

The endorsement of anything by mediocrity is the kiss of death! (Guess I better keep my enthusiasms to myself...)

Joe said...

You know, I actually like that show a lot. Think "The Stepford Wives" meets Tim Burton's view of the suburbs in "Edward Scissorhands" with a touch of Machiavelli thrown in. It's a good time. I could live without the soap opera touchy-feely crap, but there's some funny shit in there.

Word.